12 CBD Facts You Need To Know Right Now
CBD has been a real game-changer in health and medicine. CBD has helped convince more people about the potent therapeutic, even life-saving properties of cannabis. Many doctors and anti-marijuana groups refused to look past the psychoactive effects of THC… until they were presented with hard facts about CBD.
Here are some interesting facts you probably didn’t know about CBD:
1.CBD won’t make you high. Because of the absence of psychoactive effects, CBD-rich strains aren’t exactly popular with recreational cannabis users. However, this same truth has been a breakthrough in the medical world because many patients prefer CBD-rich strains and heal without getting stoned.
2. CBD is a powerful cannabinoid! The British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology states that CBD reduces nausea and vomiting, suppresses seizures, treats psychosis, treats inflammation, combats neurodegenerative disorders, prevents the growth of tumors and cancer cells, and helps to manage anxiety and depression.
3. CBD can protect you from getting too stoned. Studies suggest that this cannabinoid can actually reduce the buzz you get from THC, which is great news for those who tend to suffer from paranoia and anxiety because of THC content.
4. Even though CBD is known to have medicinal properties and can’t get you stoned, it’s still illegal in the USA and in most countries around the globe. Despite this, the FDA approved GW Pharmaceuticals’ request to test a version of CBD in children who have been diagnosed with a rare kind of epilepsy. This medicine is called Epidiolex.
5. Charlotte’s Web is a famous CBD-rich strain developed by the Stanley Brothers in Colorado. The strain is low in THC but high in CBD, and was named after a child named Charlotte Figi. Charlotte took her first dose of the strain at 5 years old and was able to effectively combat her seizures due to Dravet Syndrome. Charlotte’s Web was initially called “Hippie’s Disappointment” because of its unusually low THC content.
6. Oil from CBD plants is extracted to give you the healing CBD oil that you know today. The extracts can be taken orally, vaporized, or used in edibles and cooking.
7. More cannabis growers are breeding plants with high CBD content and little to no THC. These strains have risen in popularity over the past few years because of its many applications in medicine.
8. It’s completely legal for people or businesses to sell CBD which was obtained through processed hemp, since hemp is legal, even if it’s been imported from outside the country.
9. The government is aware of CBD’s health benefits. Julius Axelrod and his team were awarded a Nobel Prize on behalf of the US government. Patent 6,630,507 entitled Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectant, was awarded to the US Department of Health and Human Services. The said agency has the ability to license the patent to drug developers. The patent says that cannabinoids such as CBD can be beneficial in treating neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Disease as well as other autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
10. CBD has shown promise in treating the opioid crisis that plagues America today. The opioid epidemic is starting, but data from the Substance Abuse: Research and Treatment team suggest that cannabis can be used to intervene in the case of abuse of addictive substances such as opioids. To further support this, states that already have existing MMJ programs have seen a 25% reduction in deaths caused by opioid overdoses.
11. CBD is beneficial for children who suffer from seizures. The FDA granted the University of California in San Francisco permission to research the effects of pure CBD on children with uncontrollable seizures. Additionally, Epidiolex, which contains 99% CBD extract has been given the go signal from the FDA to be used in some epilepsy centers in treating both adults and children.
12. Because of the potent healing properties of CBD and cannabis, families have been traveling thousands of miles to Colorado just to get some CBD for their children or family members who are suffering from life-threatening conditions. These cases are documented throughout the internet and the migration of families and individuals who to Colorado shows the desperate need of people in obtaining the one effective medicine the government still puts on hold as a Schedule 1 substance.
Written by DanaSmith. Read the full article that was originally published by https://cannabis.net